The “Tahiti Nui Marathon 2012″ will allow the whole family to participate in the event with a program which will run from Wednesday, October 31 to Saturday 03 November:
Wednesday 31st October 2012 (Dressed up race)
- 5:30 pm : 1.2 Km race start time
- 7:00 pm : 5 Km race start time
Friday 2nd November 2012 :
- 9:00 am : 1,2 Km school race organised by the CTSSU.
08:00 am to 07:00 pm :
- Village’s opening ;
- Various entertainment and activities;
- Package and number pick-up.
- Registered athletes general information and service transportation.
06:00 pm : Pasta Party
Saturday 3rd November 2012
07:00 am to 07:00 pm :
- Village’s opening
- 07:00 am: half marathon start time
- 08:30 am : estimated timeof the first arrivals
- 11:00 am : Protocol ceremony, award ceremony
For more information, please refer to the races page and the rules.
The first edition of the Tahiti Nui half marathon will be held on Saturday 03rd November 2012 in Tahiti, French Polynesia. The sporting event is placed under the aegis of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, with the technical support of the French Polynesia Athletic Federation (FPAF).
This road run will be the opportunity to diversify running by developing adapted and accessible events to all. It includes courses of 1.200 km, 5 km but also a team relay category opened to companies, clubs and schools.
The organizing committee known as “Tahiti Nui Manihini Mai”, is in charge of coordinating all aspect of the event : administrative, financial and technical.
The FPAF is relied on as the guarantor of the applicable sporting regulations reconized by the international authorities supervising running events and, particularly, road running. It sets up the implementation of a jury consisted of referees assisted in their functions of officials and commissaires.